Release date: January 5th February 17th, 2021
In order to avoid any conflicts due to the name change from Artomatix ArtEngine to Unity ArtEngine, the software requires a manual uninstall if you are currently using a version before 2020.4.1.
The default location for the uninstall file is: C:\Program Files\Artomatix\Artomatix\unins000.exe
Batching solution is available for testing. Please refer to the Batching page for more details.
New Features and Improvements
- New node: Noise: The new Noise node replaces the old Noise (Gaussian) node and introduces many more new types of noise generation for you to work with, including several types of cellular (Voronoi) noise and clouds (Perlin) noise. The properties of the node let you customize the noise generation behavior for each type.
- Pattern Array now supports Material input: You can now use the Pattern Array node with Material input types. All the pattern generation behaviors can now be applied to entire materials as well as individual textures.
- VRAM requirements for the Height Generation and Multi-Angle to Texture nodes have been reduced.
- Several issues with the Mask Paint node have been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause licensing ArtEngine to fail.
- Fixed an exception that would previously prevent ArtEngine from starting.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause ArtEngine to freeze after opening a project and previewing a node in one of the Viewports.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused ArtEngine to crash when using the Mutation node.
- Fixed an issue that would cause several tooltips to be truncated.
- Fixed an issue where connecting a new map to Hard Shadow Removal would not correctly update the shadow mask to match the new input.
- Fixed an issue where the file name preview for Batch Output did not fit into the field.
- Fixed an issue where Undo would not correctly work on renaming nodes.
- Fixed an issue where opening a saved project with an AMTL material node marked the project as having unsaved changes.
- Fixed an issue where the Ambient Occlusion Generation preview does not match the final output.
- The default settings for using height maps in the 3D Viewport have been improved. By default, meshes will now be affected by the height map.
- There is now a Sign Out button during licensing ArtEngine which allows you to sign out if you have logged in with the wrong account.
- The following nodes are not recommended for Batching: Color to Mask, Color Muse, Mask Paint, Color Transfer, and in general nodes that are more specific to the individual bitmaps coming through.
- There is an issue with Batching creating extra black maps for output folders to make up the difference in numbers, if one input folder has more maps than another.
- The following nodes cannot be canceled during execution: JPEG Artifact Removal, Up-res, and Blur.
All versions from 417.35
ArtEngine version 2020.16.1
Release date: January 5th, 2021
New Features and Improvements
|All versions from 417.35|