ArtEngine version 2020.15.1
Release date: December 9, 2020
New Features and Improvements
- New Node: Pattern Array: You can now generate procedural patterns via the Pattern Array Node, which currently supports up to 10 inputs, enabling powerful procedural pattern making.
- Better file naming options for Batch Output: You now have the option to include image resolution as part of the filename when using the Batch Output Node.
- Tooltip improvements: 19 ArtEngine Nodes which previously did not have Tooltips have now been updated to include them. Existing Tooltips have been revised and improved.
- Import support for .AMTL files: You can now import .AMTL material files directly into the Asset Library in ArtEngine.
Fixed an issue where the Mask Paint Node would not execute and would not save the drawn mask.
Fixed a crash when using the Batch Input Node to scan a folder for Materials.
The Up-Res Node will now correctly retain its Multiplier setting when upgrading a project made with older versions of ArtEngine.
Re-linking assets now correctly updates the Node Graph.
Improved functionality of the Multi-Angle to Texture Node.
- Nodes that are not recommended for Batching: Color to Mask, Color Muse, Mask Paint, Color Transfer, and in general nodes that are more specific to the individual bitmaps coming through.
- There is an issue with Batching creating extra black maps for output folders to make up the difference in numbers, if one input folder has more maps than another.
- If you are upgrading from version 2019.44.3 or earlier, the outputs of the Smart Mutation nodes (Mutation, Mutation Structure, Seam Removal, and Content-Aware-Fill) and Color Match will be slightly different in the 2020 versions.
- Although we are working to ensure all outputs are maintained between versions, we are always working to improve our Smart Mutation nodes, so sometimes there will be minor differences when loading in a new version.
- We will notify you in the change logs and via email so that you can export previous versions to keep before upgrading to new versions.
- The following nodes cannot be canceled during execution: JPEG Artifact Removal, Up-res, and Blur.