Isolates the high-frequency details in an image. Often combined with a blend operation to as a way of sharpening an image, i.e. accentuating the image’s high-frequency content.
- Contrast: applies a contrast enhancement to the output, useful for further accentuating fine details after filtering.
How to Use High Pass
Step by step guide
- Connect the input image to a High Pass node and adjust it to isolate the details you want to enhance.
- Add a blend node to the graph.
- Connect the input image to the “Foreground” pin of the Blend node.
- Connect the output of the High Pass node to the “Background” pin of the Blend node.
- With the Blend node selected, in the properties panel, set “Blend Mode” to “Overlay”.
- The output of the Blend node will display a sharpened version of the original image.
UX/UI Example Interaction: